The Eurasia Center of John von Neumann University cordially invites you to the upcoming Eurasia Roundtable on the formation of AUKUS.
Topic: The formation of AUKUS
- Tamás Baranyi, Deputy Director, Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade
- David Morris, Vice Chair, UN Asia Pacific Sustainable Business Network, UNESCAP
- Gergely Salát, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade; Associate Professor, Head of the Department of Chinese Studies at Pázmány Péter Catholic University
Timing of the roundtable: Thursday, November 25, 2021, between 5-6 pm
Platform: Microsoft Teams
Australia, the US and the UK have announced a new trilateral program that is perhaps one of the most significant security partnerships of this decade. AUKUS initially focused on building a class of nuclear-propelled submarines, but also aimed at working together in the Indo-Pacific region – where the rise of China is seen as an increasing threat ‑ and developing wider technologies. The deal marks the first time the US has shared nuclear propulsion technology with an ally apart from the UK.
The moderator of the discussion is Mr. Csaba Moldicz, research director, Eurasia Center of John von Neumann University.
Participants are trying to find answers to questions below:
• what possible consequences the pact might have on the region;
• does it have an impact on the current balance of great powers;
• what China thinks of the agreement?
The roundtable discussion organized on Microsoft Teams platform.
Participation is free, but pre-registration is required at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook event: https://fb.me/e/1n4kWdAik
We look forward to seeing you at the event.